Sunday, January 24, 2016

Beware, Beware, Be a Very Weary Bear...

The title is a line from Whinnie the Pooh (how many of my die-hard Disneys knew that?) but it could very well be a metaphor for life. Beware. Of everything. Channel your inner Munch (Law & Order) and don't trust anything! Especially Frontier Airlines. Or, more to the point, beware of their advertised prices. Cause there are a few things they tend to leave out. Like seats. I was scouring the internet, trying to find a deal on a flight to Miami, when I came across a flight on Frontier Airlines for $70!!! Psyched, I started the purchase process. First it was a bait and switch; the $70 price was only for members. FYI: it costs money to become a member. Ugh! Whatever. They had a non member price of $80 so I started to book that. Then came the seats. Would you like to sit during your flight? $12. How about baggage? Bag check fee! Preffer to carry on? Carry on fee! Regardless of the size! Oh, and back to seats for a moment, there will be an additional charge for seatbelts. Not much, mind you, $9.99, a mere drop in the bucket. Speaking of buckets, there is $10 charge for using the facilities with an additional charge of $10 if you wait in line (because you're taking up hallway space, and because, we can totally get away with it). As for food? I'm sure Frontier Airlines has an extensive menu for your dining pleasure. Something like; a bag containing six peanuts and half a cookie for $14. When all was said and done, they tried to charge me $130 for a flight that was advertised at $70, thus proving tha, while this narrative might be a bit of an exaggeration, I'm probably not too far off which is why I decided to skip the nickel and dime fest and booked a flight on Virgin. Which is what I should have done to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment