Sunday, October 25, 2015

Wine and alter egos

One of my favorite things about my sister's non romantic life partner (if you read my rant about PayPal you understand this term) is that every time he comes over he brings wine. Another thing I like about him is that he initiates conversations like this: Bryan (uncorking the bottle of Prosecco he brought): If my sister were a Disney princess, which one do you think she'd be? Me: what? Bryan: repeats question. Me: what are you taking about? Bryan: Well, I figure you'd be Elsa but I'm I can't decide who your sister would be. Me: why would I be Elsa? Bryan: hmm, perhaps because 'conceal, don't feel' is kind of your life's motto? I think about this as I drink my wine.The man isn't wrong. Me: Perhaps. Bryan (refilling both of our glasses): perhaps? Isn't it your general policy to keep everyone at arm's length? Me (grinning): You know me too well sir. I think Teri is definitely Jasmine. (Teri is my cousin). Bryan: I could see that. How about Vicki? (Teri's sister). Me (after a long pause that involves more than a few sips of wine): Rapunzel I think. Bryan (looking confused): why Rapunzel? Me: Cause I feel like she has this tendency to please others at the expense of herself. Bryan: makes sense. At least you didn't say Aroura. Me: Goodness no! I have far too much respect for Vicki for that. And, to answer your original question, my sister would be Esmeralda. Bryan: Cause she's deeper than people give her credit for? Me: Also because she's the most compassionate and most likely to see the big picture. Bryan (again topping off our glasses): good point though, technically, Esmeralda isn't a Princess. Me: Niether is Elsa. Yeah, Bryan fits right in around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment