Sunday, November 8, 2015

Parent goes to jail

My mother (whom I simply refer to as parent) went to jail today. Hmm. There's a phrase I never thought I'd write. This would probably be a good time to explain that my mother is a Scenic Painter, meaning she paints movie and television sets. As such, her job took her to the lockup in Queens and I thought I'd share with some of the observations/reflections made by her and her fellow artists:
There are no closets, where do they keep their clothes?
Remember, this is a local jail, not a prison
OMG! These doors lock really quickly!
They are referring to the bars
Do prisoners wear Jammies?
Not night clothes. Not pajamas. But Jammies. Seriously, I can't. Let's hope my mother (or any of her co-workers) never ends up in jail for real. On second thought, that would make a hell of a reality show...

No comments:

Post a Comment